In order for Hawk to work, our code has to load correctly on your user’s browser when they go to your site. Here are some steps to follow to ensure that the Hawk snippet is present on your website.
(This article is for if you have already signed up for Hawk and gone through the installation process. Find other troubleshooting tips here.)
- Visit your site using the Google Chrome browser.
- Right-click anywhere on your site.
- Click View Page Source.
Search for the Snippet
- Press Command + F on Mac or Control + F on Windows to bring up a search bar.
- Type usehawk into the search bar and press enter.
- You should see the word “usehawk” highlighted in the code on your page. If not, it means that your platform is not adding our code to the web page it’s serving.
- Check to make sure that the snippet shown in the code of your website is exactly the same as what you copied from Hawk. If not, you may need to use escape characters when copying the text into your platform.